The aims of SHSC Group for the Hobart Rivulet are to provide a vehicle for community engagement in preserving and enhancing the ecological values of the Rivulet and its environs by:
- Working cooperatively with the South Hobart Primary School to support the CSIRO’s Scientists in Schools programme to improve the level of understanding of catchment management,waterways and developing an ongoing programme.
- Gathering and assessing information on the ecology of the Rivulet and its immediate environs, focussing on biological and chemical properties of the water and weed management.
- Working cooperatively with Southern Water, local council, government, land owners and the community in the interests of the Rivulet and its environs;
- Promoting public awareness of the values of the Rivulet and its environs and how each of us can engage further with this wonderful resource on our doorstep;
- Obtaining funds and supporting members in obtaining funds for the above purposes . Supporting Organisations include DPIPWE, NRM South, the Derwent Estuary Program, Hobart City Council, Greening Australia, the Understory Network, Bushcare, CSIRO Education, Sustainable Living Tasmania, Hydro Tasmania, South Hobart Primary School amongst others.
Thanks to our Adopt a Waterway supporting organisationsHobart City Council, South Hobart Primary School, DPIPWE, NRM South, Derwent Estuary Programme, Greening Australia, Understory Network, Bushcare, CSIRO Education, Sustainable Living Tasmania, Hydro Tasmania, IMBROS and TheWaterbugCompany.