Our community garden
The South Hobart community garden is at 106 Cascade Road (at the top of the carpark opposite the Southern Tasmanian Badminton Association); everyone is welcome. We hold a monthly working bee, typically on the second Saturday of the month, from 2-4pm (except where it falls on a long weekend, then it falls on the third Saturday). View more about our community garden.
The Food Growers Group organises a monthly Growers’ Gathering for those interested in growing food in their gardens; everyone is welcome. We meet at a host's garden and tour the garden with questions and casual information exchange. Participants bring and swap their excess produce, seeds, seedlings and plants. If you would like to be included on our group email list please contact Alison or Clare: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
South Hobart Bushcare
The third Sunday of the month, 10 am - 12.30 pm.
The City of Hobart Bushcare program supports South Hobart Bushcare to look after a resilient bushland remnant of rare black peppermint forest nestled in the middle of South Hobart at Wellesley Park. The group removes weeds such as gorse and cotoneaster to enhance the bushland values of this area, and have revegetated some of the more degraded areas of the park for wildlife, such as the endangered Eastern Barred Bandicoot.
As an outcome from the 2030 Community Vision meeting, a number of working groups have formed. Please email the addresses for any specific group you are keen to be added to the mailing list for.
1. Disaster Preparedness / Community resilience - email@example.com
2. Traditional fire management and bushcare - firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Public arts and community events - email@example.com
4. E-bike Bulk Buy - firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Food Forest & Edible Streets - email@example.com
6. Advocating for better school/public buses - firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Making active transport safe and easy - email@example.com
8. Alternative housing models - firstname.lastname@example.org
9. Planning for the suburb we want - email@example.com
10. Microgrid/community power - firstname.lastname@example.org
11. Adventure sport & recreation on kunanyi - email@example.com
12. Extending the rivulet path beyond Cascade Brewery - firstname.lastname@example.org
13. Youth Engagement -email@example.com
14. Waste minimisation - firstname.lastname@example.org